BEng(Hons), MSc Mgmt, PDip ABRC, PDip H&S, CEng MIEI, MIStructE, MICE, Grad IOSH, RConsEI
Present Position: Associate Director
- Diploma in Structural Engineering, DIT, Bolton Street 1997
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil), The University of Edinburgh 2002
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Applied Building Repair & Conservation, Trinity College Dublin 2008
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Health & Safety in Construction, Trinity College Dublin 2011
- Master of Science in Management, UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School, 2019
- Chartered Member of the Institution of Engineers of Ireland 2008
- Chartered Member of the Institution of Structural Engineers 2010
- Graduate Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health 2011
- Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers 2017
- ACEI Registered Professional Consulting Engineer 2018
Ronan is a Chartered Civil and Structural Engineer and is an Associate Director of T.J. O’Connor & Associates. He has over 17 years post-graduate experience in a wide variety of Structural and Civil Engineering projects.
In addition to his primary Civil Engineering degree he also has post-graduate qualifications in applied Building Repair and Conservation, Health and Safety in Construction and a Master of Science degree in Management.
He is a Chartered Member of Engineers Ireland, the Institution of Structural Engineers and the Institution of Civil Engineers. He is also an ACEI Registered Professional Consulting Engineer.
Ronan is an experienced project engineer with a proven track record of managing the successful delivery of Civil and Structural Engineering services on a wide range of large and complex projects including Pembroke Square at Dundrum Town Centre, Sligo University Hospital, Letterkenny University Hospital, Naas General Hospital, Beaumont Hospital, Davitt Road Ambulance Base, Stanhope Street Primary School, Loreto Primary School Rathfarnham, Nos. 40-41 O’Connell Street, and the conservation and repair of No. 42 O’Connell Street and Teresa Ball House, Rathfarnham.
Other major projects he has worked on during his time with T.J. O’Connor & Associates include Dundrum Town Centre Phase 1 and Phase 2, the Dublin Central development, Dublin Bay Wastewater Treatment Plant, Munster Blackwater River Fermoy North & South Drainage Schemes, Cork Lower Harbour Wastewater Treatment Plant and various projects in Citywest Business Campus.
He is very experienced in developing and presenting design proposals to the Client in conjunction with Design Team members, ensuring the efficient integration of the structural and civil engineering aspects of any development with the Client’s requirements and all the other multidisciplinary services.
He has particular expertise in construction health and safety, having completed a Post-Graduate diploma in Health and Safety in Construction in 2011. He is a graduate member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health.