St David's CBS, Artane, Dublin 5
This Project involved the major refurbishment and restoration of a 750-pupil secondary school. This school originated as an industrial school in the late 19th century and is part 2-storey, part 3-storey construction.
The original structure comprised suspended timber flooring which had to be replaced in areas due to deterioration. The ground floor suspended timber floor also had to be replaced in areas to accommodate loadings for a new weights room. Other works included completing structural surveys, facade restoration and construction a new stairwell and lift-shaft.
Structural & Civil Engineers
Key Structural Features:
- Major facade restoration including recasting of ornamental window surrounds
- Replacement of suspended timber ground floor to accommodate new weights room
- Extensive dimensional and structural surveys
- New stairwell and lift-shaft
- Replacement as necessary of defective suspended timber floors
- Provision of new drainage
Find out more about our Structural Engineering services.