Mallow/Ballyviniter Water Supply Scheme
T J O’Connor & Associates were engaged by Cork County Council to act as Client’s Representative in connection with the construction of a new well field source, borehole pumping stations and connecting rising mains and upgrading of the distributions mains serving the town of Mallow, Co. Cork, and the preparation of a Preliminary Report on the overall scheme.
Construction was carried out in multiple phases. The first phase involved the development of 3 No. borehole sources, associated pumping stations and connecting rising and distribution mains. The later phases involve the construction of a 12,500m3 reservoir, upgrading of the existing Ballyellis WTP and upgrading the remainder of the distribution network.
Phase 1 was completed at the end of 2011.
Phase 1: 2007 – 2011
€3.0M (Phase 1) – € 15M Overall
Full Engineering Services as Client’s Representative & PSDP
- 17km of rising/distribution mains (400/300/250 mm diameter)
- Borehole extractions of 3,428m3/day, 3,200m3/day and 3,200m3/day
- Refurbishment of Ballyviniter Reservoir and construction of additional storage reservoir
- Ballyellis WTP Upgrade
- Rough Hill Reservoir (Proposed) capacity 12,500m3
- 32km of distribution mains (various diameters between 150mm and 400mm)
Find out more about our Civil Engineering services.