Killeen Castle Golf Club Residential Development
This development included the design and construction of 162 houses on a new 18 hole golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus, consisting of 76 No. courtyard houses and 86 No. detached houses ranging from 150m2 to 1200m2 in size. Included is the restoration and extension of a 19th century listed gate lodge and a swimming pool in the basement of one of the large detached houses. 48 No. courtyard houses, 3No, detached houses and 2No. gatelodges have currently been completed.
2006 – Ongoing
Structural & Civil Engineers
Key Structural Features:
- Up to 3m deep RC Basement Construction with 750mm thick walls
- 1st floor structure generally comprising precast wideslab units on structural steel frame
- Cantilevered steel-framed balconies
- Combination of structural steel and timber roof frame elements
- Insitu RC ground floor slabs with insulated floating floor construction
- Insitu RC strip foundations
- External structural steelwork cantilevered stairs
Find out more about our Structural Engineering services.