Dublin Central, O’Connell Street, Dublin 1
The proposed 122,892m2 Dublin Central development is situated on Dublin’s primary thoroughfare and incorporates the landmarks of the Carlton Cinema, No. 42 O’Connell Street and O’Connell Hall and No. 14-17 Moore Street, a National Monument due to its significance in the 1916 rising. It is adjacent to Dublin landmarks such as the GPO, The Spire and the Rotunda Hospital.
The proposed development comprises 83no. retail units, including a 24,150m2 anchor store, 22no. high quality residential units, 19no. bars, restaurants and cafes, office/commercial space, two new public streets, including an east-west street from O’Connell Street to Moore Street and a north-south street connecting Henry Street and the proposed east-west street and a performance space with terraced amphitheatre. 700 no. car parking spaces will also be provided to serve the development by constructing a four-storey basement, using secant piling some 20m below ground level. The existing Carlton façade will be retained and relocated, with various protected structures integrated into the development.
Chartered Land Developments
2003 – Ongoing
Structural & Civil Engineers
Key Structural Features:
- 4 storey basement extending some 20m below ground level
- Existing Carlton façade to be retained and relocated
- Various protected structures to be integrated into development
- Adjacent protected structures to be retained during construction
- Provision of two new streets within the city centre
- Integration of RPA Projects Luas BXD
Find out more about our Structural Engineering services.