Units 3009 & 3011 Lake Drive Development, Citywest
BIM models were developed for this project with BIM software solutions used to analyse the structural and civil engineering design elements. The works comprised of 2 No. Office Buildings (3009 and 3011) circa 4,850m2 each and associated site works at Lake Drive on the Citywest Business Campus.
Tekla Structural Designer and TEDDS structural analysis software was used to analyse the Reinforced Concrete frame superstructure consisting of RC flat construction supported on RC foundations, columns, walls and cores frame. A 3D BIM model of the building developed using Revit software. Separate Revit models of each of the buildings were created to aid with file size with an additional site model file created to link the buildings together.
To ensure consistency in the project information and utilise the software to its ability, T. J. O’Connor & Associates ensured that all drawing deliverables works were extracted from the Revit model.
WIndes MicroDrainage computer modelling software, based on the Wallingford Procedure, was used to analyse the foul and surface water outfall rates and aid in designing Sustainable Urban Drainage systems.
AutoCAD Civils 3D software used to model the existing ground surface profiles. This model was used to determine accurate formation levels for the car park and building based on the information obtained from the Site Investigations and to determine cut and fill volumes for each site.
The BIM software was used to analyse and design the building and services to accommodate the inclusion of a future feature glazed link between the buildings.
Reference: Kieran Stenson
2015 – Ongoing
Structural & Civil Engineers
- Use of BIM software to design and model the project
- Tekla Structural Designer software used to analyse the structure
- Revit software used for 3D modelling of the substructure and superstructure
- All drawings extracted from the 3D Revit model to ensure consistency
- AutoCAD Civils 3D software used to create a model of the existing ground surface profiles
- Windes MicroDrainage software used to analyse the foul and surface water outfall rates
- Building and services analysis software used to design for future link between buildings
Find out more about our Building Information Modeling services.