Casement Aerodrome, Baldonnel
This Contract provided for the asphaltic overlay of the two runways and associated taxiways and all associated preparatory civil works and airfield lighting works at Casement Aerodrome, Baldonnel, Co. Dublin.
Delivery of an Instrument Landing System (ILS) and Distant Measuring Equipment (DME) system for the Casement Aerodrome at Baldonnel, Dublin. This brief for the Department of Defence was for the supply of a 24 element Localiser and M-Array Glidepath System, together with a DME. Civil Works included the installation of cabling trenches to the localiser and DME and the construction of access roads, foundations and housing for the equipment.
Responsibilities included project scoping, design report, detailed design, specification, BoQ and contract document preparation, together with contract administration and final account negotiations.
2002 – 2006
€5.7m (Phase 1)
€1m (Phase 2)
Civil Design engineers
- Overlay of 225,000m2 of concrete runway and taxiways
- Modified polymer asphalt with crack relief layer
- Treatment of 66,000m of joints on existing concrete slab
- Runway drainage upgrade
- Runway marking and inset lighting
- Contractor obliged to work within tight runway possessions
- Preparation of performance specifications for supply and installation of Instrument Landing System
- Scoping of associated civil works contract
- Specialist tender assessments
- Instrument Landing System Flight Check
Find out more about our Civil Engineering services.